Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our Debut

Finally!! I finally went to a show. It has been almost four years and a baby ago that I have put myself out there and competed with a horse in anything. Today was the dressage schooling show.

I managed to stay calm and think about enjoying the day rather than stressing about it and I think it paid off. Tokaj was super. She tried so hard to do what I asked and she did it in fine style. It is somewhat intimidating to know that I finally have a horse of such talent. I am SO blessed, and I sure hope that I can do her justice and improve my riding.

It was also Tokaj's first ever dressage show. We competed in one class since I was comcerned about remembering the test, and about overdoing it the first time out. I just did not want to stress! We competed in Training Level Test 2...nothing fancy in that test, just very basic work. Tokaj received a 69.2%. In dressage anything over 60% is pretty good, and anything over 65% is pretty darn good! Wow! She ended up taking home the blue ribbon which was completely unexpected. I am on cloud nine. I could not have asked for a better partner, or a better day, rain and all... it was fabulous!

I wish I had some photos of the show to post. Perhaps next time I will remember my camera!!

P~

1 comment:

Havarah Equestrian said...

Nice job girl! Hope you've been able to continue your riding into the spring/summer. Where's pic's of the family?